Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's finally happened

My ex is now trying to distance himself from my family. It has been three years since we split. He has always come with the girls to family dinners and holidays. We are always civil with one another. One of my girls once told me that he wants to be friends with me but is waiting for me to make the first move, whatever that is. I am not all that uncomfortable with him being there, I just don't know what to talk about. I usually ask him how his family is, how's work, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, he finally told my parents that he is going to skip family functions from now on because it makes "B" uncomfortable. My mom says it's people at his church who are encouraging this. I imagine he's just trying to make a new life for himself, totally understandable. I know this is a step in the right direction, that, hopefully, one day J will be invited to attend functions. But I am also worried that it will put our daughters in the middle of having to choose to attend holiday functions and leave their dad at home alone (his family is out of state) or stay home with him instead. By leaving them, this is the position that I have put them in, not him. So now I am feeling guilty about that.

Now on to other matters. This is my spring break and, as usual, I don't have much to show for it. I was able to spend the day yesterday with K21. Now I fear I am coming down with a sinus infection. My plans with a friend today have cancelled. Must take this time off to work on the book. Friday I am going to spend the night at my parents' house and spend time with both gmas. Then Monday it's back to the grind.

No comments: