Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Well, that settles that!

I talked to the apartment manager this morning, and in order to move to the building by the street, our rent would go up $300, not to mention we would have to pay another $400 pet deposit. So it's to an apartment locator we will go at the end of February. A new place means new memories, so I need to get my mind in that mode.

We -- yes, "we" -- are invited to my brother's house on New Year's Eve for a party. He's making ribs, jerk chicken, and his famous cream of poblano soup. J and I are going to Unity first to attend our first burning bowl ceremony. I'm afraid if I was given the chance, I would fill the bowl completely all by myself; I have so many regrets to burn.

If all goes well, I will start Hatha yoga on Monday. In order to do this, we will have to eat light dinners from now on. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Right now I'm thinking chef salad, soup, baked potato, sandwiches, breakfast tacos. I need something that will take as little time as possible to prepare and we will be eating late, around 7:30, so it does need to be light. We prefer to eat together on those nights because on the other weeknights, J eats at her mother's. I will only cook full meals on weekends. Maybe this will help my waistline. I'm going to try really hard to order light meals when I get a free meal at work, like a bowl of soup or a scoop of chicken salad, minus their parmesan crackers that I love so much.

I'm supposed to be on vacation. My temp didn't show up yesterday and my boss had to go it alone. J graciously offered to temp for me today and tomorrow. This works out great because it will pay for our fabulous overnight in Galveston we had Sunday night. We think the temp left with a lot of our snacks but have no way to prove it.

Speaking of our overnight, we saw the Manhattan Transfer at the Grand and the show was fantastic. I could have done without some of the scatting, though; it's not my thing. We stayed at the fabulous San Luis Resort on the seawall. It was cold and rainy so the view wasn't great of the water, but we got a wonderful upgrade which included a full butlered breakfast and free champagne. It may not sound like much, but we are not used to such treatment.

Before the show started, we were discussing the Neil Diamond tickets J bought me for Christmas. She finally told me that we are also going to see Bette Midler that same month.

I hope each of you have a wonderful new year. 2015 has got to be better.

Namaste,

~b~

No comments: