Monday, November 8, 2010

Planning a Day Trip and Other Such Romance


I have been getting a lot of hits lately, maybe because I mentioned sex, sex, sex, like Maria suggested. Welcome to my new readers. Wow, some of you come from very far away. I wish you would leave comments so that I could read your blogs if you have them.


J and I have made a plan and we are going to stick to it. Last weekend we tried to remember what our life was like when we first went away together. True, we were as stressed as hell with us both coming out to our families, me leaving my kids, my approaching divorce, my crappy job. BUT we were happy and the romance and excitement was definitely there! Lately, we have gotten into a deep rut but we are digging our way out quickly.


So our plan is to rekindle some of that romance and excitement now by doing the things we used to do. We are starting by going back to dinner at the table with the T.V. off and candle lit. Talking about our day over dinner or anything else we want to share. We are also going to plan a day trip or overnight somewhere once each month. I will now have some photos to share with you. We are going out of town this weekend, just not sure where yet. I will keep you posted!


Tonight I am cooking J one of her favorite meals that I haven't cooked in a long time and we will be watching Disc 5 of Everwood Season 1. Can't wait!


I have been diligently working on my business website and passing out flyers and business cards. I have my first speaking engagement January 15th. I plan to get myself a netbook for Christmas to help me with the business, finish the novel and start working on a new work - autobiography of our relationship.


I wish I could have done NaBlo... this year but I am just not up to it. I want to do a shout out to my friend Natalie! Glad to have you reading here and I will try to link you here next time!!! Gotta go before I burn dinner.


3 comments:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Have fun re-kindling the romance. My sweetie and I went through this several years ago and it is well worth the effort. I think we were happier and more in love this year on our 11th anniversary than we were on our 5th.

Riverpoet said...

I'm so glad to hear that you two have a plan and are sticking to it. It's really easy for a relationship to get stale if you don't tend it. Think of it as a fire. If you don't stoke it now and then and add more fuel to it, it will go out - no questions asked.

I'm sorry I've been so unavailable lately. I'm hoping that changes shortly, as I finish up these school projects.

Peace - D

Anonymous said...

Yes! This is a great plan. Relationships take some work and re-energizing. Recognizing, accepting and then doing something about it are your first steps to a lasting relationship too.

Mrs Jude and I LOVE our little weekend get a ways!