Saturday, January 15, 2011

Finishing and Starting

Today I gave two homeschool workshops. I was afraid no one would show up since it's the middle of the school year, but we had a decent turnout and all went well. Passed out my flyers and business cards in the end, so maybe I will get some interest there.
Now that the workshops are done, my new goal is to get started on finishing my novel. That's one of the reasons I bought this netbook. I have so many plans for the subplots; it's just so dang overwhelming and the thought of the editing process is a nightmare to me. My hope is to have it ready for final editing before the end of 2011.
I am back on weigh watchers. Lost 7 1/2 lbs this week. It's all fluid, I know. A friend of mine lost 50 lbs since August, so she has inspired me to diary every single thing I put in my mouth.
Last Sunday I wrote down everything I was going to eat every day for the week, including snacks. I really think the diary is the key. It's amazing how many calories we pop into our mouths without even thinking about it. Every little thing does add up.
I hope all of you are having a great new year! My youngest is Sister Berthe in The Sound of Music this weekend. From what I have heard, she did an excellent job on opening night. I am going to the matinee tomorrow.
J and I have renewed our lease here as we like it very much. She and I both got new cars at the end of December. No more worries that I will break down on the road. My car is already dirty, which I hate. I bought a sandwich at Chick-Fil-A on the way to my parents' today and put it in the trunk because I don't want the new car smell to go away!
All the news I can think of for now.

No comments: