Friday, May 27, 2011

"G" is for Girlfriend



After spending just one summer with you, I became your girlfriend. We never said it outloud, but that's the way it was.

You have ALWAYS opened the door for me. (Now you open the door for all women, but I like to think that that gesture started because of me. )

During high school band practice in the early mornings, you would give me your jacket to wear. Sometimes I felt bad that you had to freeze and there I was so warm and comfortable in your jacket.

I was constantly looking over at you in the band room and at football games, hoping you were looking my way. You usually were.

My heart would skip a beat before opening my locker, hoping there would be a note from you.

I knew it wasn't "proper" and I wasn't even sure if you wanted to, but I remember wishing you would buy me a mum for the homecoming game.

On the way home, you would drive me all over my neighborhood stopping at each stop sign for a kiss.

We never wanted to be apart. We couldn't get enough of each other.

I still can't get enough of you, J, and I'll always be your girlfriend - if you want me to.

No comments: