Sunday, February 7, 2010

I wanted to kiss her; I wanted to hold her more.

It had been about 10 yrs. since I had seen her beautiful face. We had been talking and texting for a couple of months. The day finally arrived for us to meet again. She was supposed to arrive at 5:00 p.m. I couldn't wait. I called her on the phone:

Me: I am closing the store at 2:00 p.m.

J: I am on my way

I didn't know that this had put a kink in J's plans. She had planned to stop by the hotel and put two roses on my pillow - one for the past, one for the future. I know I have probably told y'all this story many times, but I don't care. A while later my phone rang.

J: I'm in the parking lot. Nervous.

Me: I'm coming to the front door to let you in.

I couldn't get to the door fast enough. I couldn't get my key in the door fast enough. I wanted to see her beautiful face; I wanted to touch her.

There she was, standing at the door, looking like a nervous wreck, but gorgeous anyway. There were 15 floor to ceiling windows in the front. I couldn't kiss her there. I let her in and led her to the nearest classroom and closed the door. I wanted to kiss her. I SO WANTED TO KISS HER. But I wanted to hold her more. And I wanted her to hold me. I feel exactly the same way tonight.

Millions and millions of years would still not give me half enough time to describe that tiny instant of all eternity when you put your arms around me and I put my arms around you. - Jacquest Prevert

No comments: