Whoa whoa whoa... whoa.
I haven't really posted much about our lives lately. Here are ten things happening with us:
1. I am now down to one job (teaching) and consulting work (home education) as requested. I officially turned in my keys and security card to my old boss today. I am so glad that chapter of my life is over. J filled in at his office for three weeks until he hired a replacement for my replacement. Long story that I can't blog about. J is now working two contract jobs; one is from home.
2. I have been "in charge" of the upper elementary class this week while the lead teacher is out of the country training other Montessorians. Things are going really well. I actually feel more relaxed while she's away, I guess because I can do things my way - and they are working! Before she left, she gave me permission to try some new procedures to manage the class of thirty-five 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. Not sure what's going to happen when she returns next week. Will she keep my changes or not? Our assistant says she will "back me up." We shall see. I'll keep you posted on that one.
3. J and I would like to visit Savannah, Georgia during the Christmas holidays. Anyone have suggestions about what to do there?
4. My girls were away for Thanksgiving to see the ex's family in Arkansas. Missed them so much. Not sure when I will see them again. Probaly at the hospital (see next item).
5. I am going to be an aunt one week from today! My first time ever, a baby girl. They are naming her Abigail - calling her Abbi.
6. The T.V. shows I have been watching are: Parenthood, Harry's Law (not my favorite), The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles, Chopped, Next Iron Chef, Survivor (barely getting through it), and, of course, The Amazing Race! We don't watch many shows at their appointed time. The DVR has become my best friend. I am really interested in watching Being Chaz and I am Jazz. They are taped for when time allows. I also have a Dr. Phil episode on cults taped. I have always found the subject of cults fascinating.
7. Did you ever notice that when you order an old sitcom from Netflix, it doesn't turn out to be as good as you thought it was the first time? Some clunkers have been: The Lucy Show, My Three Sons Season 1, Ellen Season 1, Love Boat, and Fantasy Island. I mean, how did we watch this garbage? We are going to try Ellen Season 2 next.
8. I worked on my novel a bit over the holidays. Thanks to my readers who joined my Facebook page for Reverse Skate. I appreciate the support.
9. My car will be one year old on December 30th. I am almost at 1,000 miles.
10. My paternal grandma turned 95 on November 1st, and my maternal grandmother will be turning 93 in March.
Well, it's time to get my creative writing lessons done for tomorrow. I hope all my American readers had a great Thanksgiving!