Friday, June 28, 2013

My New Office



When I say "my new office", I mean it literally. Since I left, my boss moved down one floor so it is brand new to me. Now, instead of walking done ten flights of stairs if the power goes out, I only have to walk down nine. Hey, that's better than what J would have to do; she is on the 57th floor.

Here's a photo of a corner of my new office. I had the printer moved to my desk as I got tired of having to go into another room just to insert an envelope or piece of letterhead. My boss has had five, count'em, five assistants since I left two years ago. That's not including temps. Anyway, it's good to be back working with attorneys. They're not much different than children, actually. I enjoy serving clients, even though some of them can get kind of needy. Did I mention they're like children? I had forgotten, though, how slow it can be some days and how during those times I would love to go out on the playground in the sun and watch the kids search for bugs or show me their latest tricks on the monkey bars. But all is well. Whenever I get to feeling that way, I just think to myself, would I rather be doing this or dealing with ungrateful parents and staff all day? This, hands down.


Here's a photo of our lobby. Very beautiful but hardly anyone ever sits there because I take them to their conference rooms right away. The flowers on the table are real and are brought every Monday morning by a very creative florist named C. My favorites are climbing orchids.

Both grandmas are in the hospital today. Here is a photo of them with my youngest on her homeschool graduation day two years ago. The one on the left is my paternal grandmother, who is 96. My maternal grandmother is on the right and is 93.



I hope everyone has a great weekend!

~b~

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

Very smart new office!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!