1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Yuck
2. Do you miss anyone right now? I miss J. I miss my girls. I never thought I would say this, but I miss my paternal grandfather.
3. If you could move anywhere else, would you? Yes, I would move near San Marcos, probably Martindale.
4. If you could choose, what would your last meal be? Barbecued ribs and a loaded baked potato
5. What famous person, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with? Jesus - dead or alive, depending on how you look at it. Alive, Donny Osmond, so that J could spend time with him
6. What was the last book you read? Wicked
7. What was the last movie you watched? Who is Clarke Rockefeller?
8. What was the last song you heard? On the Street Where You Live sung by Dean Martin
9. What's your dream vacation? An Alaskan cruise, preferably a lesbian cruise line
10. What is the next trip you'll take? Probably to Louisiana, Biloxi, or Branson. Well, in reality, probably San Antonio before that.
11. Did you ever go to camp? Yes, church camp and Girl Scout camp. One year at Girl Scout camp, our bitch of a leader made the entire troop sit out in the hot, Texas sun for over an hour because of something one girl had done. We were all sunburned to a crisp and probably close to dehydration when the assistant leader arrived and made her let us up. Someone could get seriously sued for doing that today.
12. Have you ever been in love? I have been in love with J since I was 17, so 31 years.
13. What do you want to know about the future? I just want to know if my girls are going to find mates and be taken care of for life. I want them to find their soulmates from the very beginning and not make a mistake and marry the first person who comes along. I see my oldest in a very big rush to find a serious relationship. She's only 20. I keep telling her she has lots of time.
14. Where is your best friend? J is at her mother's birthday dinner right now.
15. How is your best friend? Happy, I hope.
16. Who is the biggest gossiper you know? I don't think I know any real gossipers right now. On the other hand, maybe they are all gossiping about me.
17. What does your last text message say? I just gave it to her, like, two second ago.
18. What are 3 things you've always wanted to do, that you still plan to accomplish? Finish my novel, get legally married to J, retire off the streets (I have a fear of becoming homeless)
19. What is one thing you've learned from your parents? Denial. Oh, you mean something good? Still thinking.
20. What is one thing you hope to teach your own children? More than one thing: to be who you are, that being gay doesn't mean you are going to hell, that I never meant to hurt them or their father, that having them was not a mistake