Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Holy Stairwell, Batman!




So, as you know, I am doing Weight Watchers. I have lost two pounds since Monday. Two more pounds and I will be back where I started on my weight loss ticker. Then, hopefully, my ticker will go down.

So since I have had very little time to exercise away from work, I decided to exercise while at work. I work on the tenth floor. I thought if I walked upstairs to the tenth floor every morning, down ten flights to get the mail and back up, and then back down to get to my car, that would give me a small workout. Not a lot but more than I am getting by taking the elevator.



This morning I took the elevator to the lobby and asked the security guard if I could re-enter on the 10th floor from the stairwell. He said "no" but that I could re-enter on Floor 9 and then ride the elevator up one floor. So when it was time to get the mail, I walked down ten flights of stairs to the lobby. I was pretty tired and already huffing a bit. That shows you how bad of shape I am in. I used to be able to walk 3 miles without breaking much of a sweat. I started back up towards Floor 9. When I got there, it said "Re-entry" (See photo), but the door was LOCKED!!!! I was having trouble catching my breath, my knees were shaking, and I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest.


So for the next few minutes, I had to drag, repeat, literally drag my ass all the way up to the 15th floor. I swear, someone almost found me lying on the floor of that stairwell; I came that close to passing out.



I seriously doubt I could have made it one more floor. I guess it was good that our building does not have a 13th floor. That is probably what saved my life!


1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings too you. Lloyd