Monday, November 24, 2008

My Anniversary Surprise

Friday night, J gave me my anniversary surprise - a diamond heart necklace. It is beautiful! She said she was going to wait until 5:45 the next morning, but she was too anxious. You should have seen her. She was pacing around the suite. I could not figure out why she was soooo nervous. I will try to post a pic of it if I can figure it out. I will wear it always.

J says that she was 16 when she first noticed me. I don't even remember that, and it makes me feel bad. I was dating guys, of course, trying to fit in with all of my friends. When we were 17, we went on a band trip to Concan, Texas. If you have never been there, you should go. It is on the Frio River. I remember her on the bus on the trip up there. I was not feeling well on the trip. She had an electronic football game (I didn't even like football at that time). Sometime during the trip, she started letting me play the game. I must have played it all weekend. When you got a touchdown, the game would play a little song. It was catchy, and I would hum it every time it played. And, for some reason, every time it played, I would look J's way. She would just be sitting there, with her arms crossed in front of her, looking at me and laughing and smiling. Every single time. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. That was the beginning for me, of falling in love, even though I didn't know it at the time. It was May of 1979. It was the beginning of a love I could never shake, an endless love.

No comments: