Sunday, November 8, 2009

Batman Lies

Do you tell Batman lies? Guess I need to tell you what a Batman lie is in order for you to answer. A Batman lie is a deliberate lie that you tell in order to get something you want. I have started to use the phrase "That's a Batman lie!" with J a lot. Hmmmm. Because SHE tells them!

The term came about last year when we were "dating." One night we didn't have much time to spend together. By that, I mean that there was not enough time to get a hotel room and be alone. So she did the next best thing; she took me to a basically dark, empty movie theater to see The Dark Knight. J said that she had not seen it yet. (THAT was the Batman lie.) It had been out for quite awhile, and I simply could not imagine that she had not seen it. It was her type of movie. She knew that I had already seen it with my kid, so she asked me if I would be willing to sit through it again. Why not? At least this time I would have someone to grab on to or put my head on her shoulder during all the scary parts.

Well, J ended up spending the ENTIRE movie staring at me while I tried to watch the movie. She laughed when I would get scared and held me close to her. We were in seats where the arm rests lift up, so we were basically on a love seat. Little did I know that she already knew where the scary parts were, so she was ready to comfort me three frames before each scene.

She now says that she deliberately lied to me and picked a movie that was very long so that we could spend more time together. And that she picked it, also, because she had already seen it and, therefore, wouldn't miss anything while staring at me.

So, now that you know what a Batman lie is, have you ever told one? Or are you like J and tell them CONSTANTLY!!!!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hmm.. I don't know. I suppose we all do sometimes. But, then...Bing and I have known each other since we were freshmen in college, so there is very little we don't know about each other and our bullshit meters are pretty strong regarding each other.