Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our Weekend

The words I've always dreaded -- "Friend or family?" I replied, "Just a friend." Our ordeal started about 4 a.m. Friday when J was having a terrible case of what she thought was indigestion. She also started to have chest pains and trouble breathing. After finally talking her into going into the emergency room, we arrived at the hospital which is 5 minutes away around 7:30. They immediately ran an EKG and put her in an ER room. After about an hour of blood tests and heart monitoring, we made the decision to call her sister, who would call her mom. Her mom was adament about coming to the hospital. Remember, she and I have not seen each other since 1985, and she had noooo desire to see me whatsoever. J told me that no matter what, do not leave her. Everything went okay between her mom and me. They ran tests on J all day, finally deciding to take the gall bladder out on Monday morning. I feel terrible because I have to work and will not be there when J gets out of surgery. I will have to see her mom for about 15 minutes tomorrow morning to give her J's personal things. J will go to her mom's house after the surgery, and then after work, her sister and I are somehow going to get her up the one flight of stairs to our apartment. What can you do? Pray if you are a praying person that J's surgery will be laproscopic; that they will not have to do an incision surgery. I will try to post tomorrow night and let everyone know how the patient is.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Definitely praying people and we'll definitely pray for all of you. Keep us informed.