Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

So today the kiddos did much better. Yea! When we were on line (in a circle you would call it), I told them:

Thank you for coming today. I am not sure why you came to school today considering that it is Saturday. I had many things to catch up on over the weekend. I sure appreciate you wanting to come in, though, and that your parents took time out from their busy weekend activities to drop you off. We will now go by twos to the office to call your parents to come pick you up! The expressions on the young ones' faces was hysterical!

Well, there is still a woman who is trying to be "mom" to my youngest daughter, and I don't like it one bit. My daughter says that she texts this woman every time she comes out of a class or leaves work. She played a text message April Fool's joke on my daughter today that I thought was kind of strange, telling her a drunk man ran his car into her house, la da da da da. She embellished the story for about an hour, and my daughter was saying, "I will pray for you," blah, blah, blah, before the lady told her it was a joke.

One joke I thought was kind of funny: my daughter's friend E called another teenage friend we know R last night and said, "Let's make a bet and see who can stay up the latest." R stayed up all night and had to go sit through to Les Miserables this morning. Nothing wrong with the show, but she couldn't fall asleep during it! It was an April Fool's prank. E slept all night, and when my daughter last spoke with R, she was heading for a nap.

I can't wait for J to get home! I want to make her dinner and curl up in her arms!!! I love this woman so much!!!!

No comments: