Friday, April 10, 2009

Ouch!

I have a problem with my head. It is too big. It gets in the way a lot and gets hit by or on inanimate objects. About 20 years ago, I was in a library doing some research on a microfiche machine. If you are too young to know what microfiche is, I hate you. I lifted my head up and hit the front of my head on the machine, and it bled. From then on I have had a small bump or sometimes a scab-like thing there. If I rub my head there, it always hurts, yep, for the past 20 years.

After that, hitting my head seemed to be a semi-annual occurrence, and this year has been no different. A few weeks ago, I was getting stuff out of the trunk of my car, and I hit my head on the hatchback. Again, same spot.

Yesterday at work, I was sitting at the computer in the office, and another teacher who had a headache opened the cabinet above me to take out a box we keep medicine in. She dropped it on my head. The admin asst said, "Now B has a headache, too!" A bag of ice and one accident report later, I was going to be late to pick up my daughter.

J acted like I had a hematoma or something. I guess after Natasha Richardson's accident, she had a valid concern. But come one, I am ALWAYS hitting my head. My head is hard. You should see some of the things I have hit my head on - the bottom of a pool, the ceiling of an RV (don't ask), cabinet doors, the tops of car doors (I am spacially challenged when it comes to sitting in a car). Maybe that's the explanation for how weird I am -- I keep hitting my head. Maybe the next time I will get the weirdness knocked out of me.

No comments: