Friday, December 26, 2008

Day After Christmas

Well, today was kind of a lazy day. J and I got up and went to have my car washed. The interior really needed it. We went to Barnes and Noble so I could get her the first Janet Evanovich book. I always find those books to be fun to read before going to sleep at night. They are light and humorous. Then we went to Sweet Tomatoes and stuffed ourselves. Then we came home to nap. Tonight we are going to a friend of mine's house so she can meet J.

Tonight is going to be very important to me because V is only the second friend I have who supports my relationship with J. I used to talk to her about J years and years ago, about how much we had loved each other, how I still loved J, how I wish we had never parted. While J has introduced me to perhaps ten friends or so, this is only the second time for me, so I am pretty pumped! V is quite kooky, but she is a lot of fun to listen to, and the best part is that she is not judgmental. I don't remember what posessed me to come out to V all those years ago, but I am glad that I did. She has listened to my struggles over the past 2 1/2 years. And while she never cheered me on as far as leaving my famiy was concerned, she is very happy for J and I, especially that I can be myself for the first time in my life.

Christmas was pretty tense at my parents' house yesterday, but we made it through. J says it will get easier over time. I am already invited to my grandmother's house again. When I walked in the door, I hugged everyone except my mom; don't know why, I just couldn't do it. Then later, she was mashing potatoes in the kitchen, and I went in and hugged her and said, "I didn't hug you when I walked in." She kind of flinched. She changed the subject quickly, but she didn't flinch when I hugged her goodbye.

Well, here's the loot I got yesterday: From J: An Achmed the Dead Terrorist T-Shirt ( I Keeeeel You!) , a black leather jacket that I absolutely love (80 degree weather here, folks) , a pot to make chili and soup in (ha ha. I knew this blog was good for something!), Just Like Heaven and Kate & Leopold DVDs, a Dean Martin CD, and chocolate!; a Mamma Mia DVD from the girls, some gift cards from my parents and grandmother.

I gave J: a ferret calendar, an August Rush CD, a Dark Knight DVD, a windspinner (Texas Longhorns) that we can't figure out how to spin. She also got some CDs, another Dark Knight DVD, some gift cards, a key chain, and I am not sure all what else.

It was a GREAT first Christmas. We spent a lot of time during the holidays talking about life. It feels so good to be able to spend time together alone. I know, I know, we are home at night, but there is something better about having no time constraints, knowing we don't have to be anywhere by a certain time, or go to sleep knowing that we have to go to work in the morning.

J is going out of town tomorrow, and I am really bummed, but she will be home tomorrow night!!!

Well, I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! Some of you who read this blog but don't belong to Blogger, you can still comment.

1 comment:

Vodka Mom said...

Glad you made it through the holiday! Good for you, and I'm glad you and J are loving life. It's too short, ya know????