Sunday, December 14, 2008

Last Night



I got to see 15-year-old again yesteday, yea! I picked her up after her theater rehearsal in the Woodlands. We went to Walmart, then to the mall to shop for an outfit for her dance next week. Then after dark, we took the water taxi pictured here for a 45-minute ride to look at the Christmas lights. It was extremely cold and windy on the boat. She wanted my arms around her. It felt so good to hold her, kiss her forehead, tell her I love her.

Finally talked to my grandmother in Florida today after 9 weeks. It was so good to hear her voice and that her cat is still alive. She would be so depressed if anything every happened to her. I told her I saw my mother Friday night. She said my mother never even mentioned seeing me. Now, I tell everyone I know when I get to see my kid. Seems like it ought to be a tad bit important to share that she had finally seen me with her own mother.

I said something to J during my phone conversation. My grandmother said, "Are you still rooming with your friend?" I said, "Yes." She said, "Do I know her?" I said, "No." She said, "Is that who you were talking to?" Soooo she knows that I am living with someone and probably that it is a woman. Hmmmm. J thinks she can put two and two together. I think she's right. My grandmother may be a lot of things, but she is not stupid. Oh, well, I will tell her eventually; it is just going to take some time. When we were hanging up she said, "Don't you ever doubt that I love you." Sigh.

No comments: