Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Little Bit About J

I have about 20 minutes before I go meet J for lunch date #2 this week, so I thought I would take some time and tell you a little bit more about her.
For those of you who know J in person, you know that she is quite the charmer, always talking, always joking. It wasn't that way when we were younger, at least not when we were with other people. In high school, I was the one who played air guitar to My Sharona at Square Pan Pizza. She would never have done that back then. Of course, in college, we had practically no "friends" so we hardly ever went out with others, so I cannot really say. But just based on what I remember about her personality, she was pretty quiet around other people, but not around me alone. I know that probably shocks you if you know her now lol.

J would say that she is the butch/male (whatever the word) part of our relationship. But I see it almost as an insult to "label" her as such. To me, that means someone would look at her as "handsome," and I never think of her that way at all. I think of her as the woman that she is, the word "beautiful" describing her to me. She doesn't wear dresses, but she doesn't wear men's clothes, either. She would not agree with me, but she does have a femininity to her, especially when we are alone, and that's what I love about J. She does not pretend to be the tough guy. Oh, she has made it very clear that she wants to be my protector, take care of things, get up in the middle of the night to check out noises I hear, etc. But she has a definite softness about her that I absolutely love. I am not sure if others see it, but I sometimes hope they don't, that it is left just for me ha ha.

I guess we just don't fit the stereotypes that I read about so much. I do not want her to look or act like a man. I just want her to be herself, which is who I love and have always loved. Like Celie says in The Color Purple - I am drawn to her like a bee to honey. I always have been. I cannot wait until our first New Year's Eve together. And, yes, Leo, you are supposed to kiss someone at the stroke of midnight. I am sooooo glad that FINALLY I can kiss J! It has been a long wait.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hope you had a great lunch! I envy you you know......
B, you AND J have a great New Year yourselves, and an amazing 2009!!!