Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday Morning

It's Tuesday morning, and J just left. She spoke about six words to me. That means she's a) very tired, or b) upset with me. Not a good way to start a day. At school, Tuesdays are okay because the kids were back yesterday from the weekend and got most of their weekend stories out. Like, we will all be sitting around on the floor, and I'll be reading to them, everything is serene, right at the climax of the chapter, and someone will raise their hand. Now, usually, I ignore the hand raiser, but this little girl looks so anxious, like she's going to have an accident in mid-sentence, so I call on her. "Ms. B, my dog got a new toy yesterday." Well, I just lose it inside (not on the outside). I mean, how can you interrupt the climax of The Trumpet of the Swan? Is Serena going to get her wing clipped? Are Louis and Serena actually considering donating one of their cygnets to the Philadelphia Zoo? I feel that I am pretty patient with these kids, but when one of the boys picked the picnic table up off the ground during snack time yesterday, I wasn't too nice. "You have now lost your play time," I say to him. Now, he is crying, and I am the meanest lady on the planet. Well, right now, I feel like I am the meanest lady in the apartment, too, because I don't know what I did wrong. Guess I'll find out after she reads this blog. Love ya, sweetie.

No comments: