Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday after Christmas

Well, it is around hump day on my vacation, and I am feeling sad. J is out of town. She is so sweet, she just called me when she had a minute. That makes me feel soooo special. I miss her so much, and it's only been 3 hours. I am doing what I should not, of course, lying around and watching T.V. Trying to stay away from the refrigerator and the M & Ms. J says that we are going to get a Wii after the holidays. I cannot wait! I need to get this weight off. I wasn't even this heavy when I was pregnant.

I want to walk, but our track isn't paved. It's very uneven, and when I tried to walk on it, I only made it twice around; my feet were killing me. There are holes everywhere. There is a park close to work, but it seems like everytime I go by, it is getting dark or cloudy. Or I don't have tennis shoes on or the proper pants. I could change after work, I suppose, but that would take more time. The park closes at "sundown." I worry about getting locked in that place. A Wii would be great because we could use it around our time schedule. I worry about creating too much noise for our downstairs neighbors, though. What games do you like to play on the Wii? My daughter likes to play golf.

Last night didn't go so well at V's. She was not feeling well, so we had to call the night off after only an hour. Her dogs liked J, though, so I guess that means J has been accepted by V. LOL. On the way home, we stopped for a margarita, which I loved! We went to Pappasitos, which is where J took me on our first "date" when we saw each other for the first time after about 8 or 10 years. That date was soooo special to me, watching her order fajitas for two and shrimp diablo, talking about our early life together. Sitting there in that loud, busy, restaurant, the fajitas sizzling on the plate, all I could think about was, wow, I am really here with HER. The waiter obviously knows we're a couple, so do some people around us. And I don't really care! I just LOVE being her date! And I still love it when she takes me out! It has nothing to do with her spending money on me; it has something to do with being seen out with her, almost like people envy me being with her!

I think I hurt J's feelings last night when we were walking in the parking lot. I had my hand in her arm. Then a car came close to us, and I took my hand away. It is just instinct. I don't know what I think is going to happen if someone sees us touching. It didn't bother me at all when we were at a party with friends. I guess I'm afraid we're going to get arrested or something. Ha ha!

Speaking of getting arrested, quite a few months back on one of our dates, we were driving around looking for a place to be alone, if you know what I mean. We ended up in the community college back parking lot. We were there about a minute and things were progressing nicely (hey, things move quickly when you don't have that much time), when a school security guard drove up and shined his lights on us. We still laugh about that, but at the time, I wasn't too amused. Guess it's not as bad as the time my grandparents, YES, MY GRANDPARENTS, almost caught us in the shower together. We have had some close calls. Let me know about some of your close calls! LOL

There is a whole stack of DVDs sitting here that I could watch, but I don't want to watch them alone. Guess I'll go back and watch Caesar on Dog Whisperer or Michelle Duggar having her 18th baby. Tomorrow, hopefully, we will be going to check out a new church, and I will get to see a movie with my kids.

No comments: