Tuesday, December 2, 2008

No Clue What To Write

Woke up this morning with a bad headache. Turns out, one of the side effects of Ambien is headaches. Hmm, wonder if that's why I have them now and then? Took ibuprofin, but when I was on my way to work I got very nauseated, called work, and turned around. I slept for three hours straight after that.

J and I have been dealing with families who are still in denial. It has been seven weeks since we moved in together. I guess we were fooling ourselves when we thought it wouldn't take this long -- not to accept us but to at least want to talk to us. Actually, J's family is talking to her, just avoiding the subject of "us."

If you read FG's comment on my last post, she talked about isolation. That is one of the things that led to our breakup 23 years ago. It is not good for ANYBODY. Sometimes now I feel isolated, even though we really are not. J reminds me that we do have friends; we just don't see them very often. I look on my incoming/outgoing phone calls on my cell, and the only name there is "J." Sometimes it REALLY hurts. But then I start thinking, "There is no other name that I would rather see." And then it hits me, we are not isolating ourselves like we were in college; everyone else is isolating us. The shoes are on the other feet. They are the ones who feel uncomfortable, not us. They may be even feeling a bit guilty. Guilty for all of the years J and I missed because they did not accept us then. We can show them by being happy, and that is what we are going to be, with or without them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't ever feel that you two are alone! The wife and I go thru the same thing with her family.